Wetlook-Online

Message # 77570.7.1

Subject: Oooh Sorry, I was wrong to suggest a blanket ban

Date: Tue 02/07/19 11:03:02 GMT

Name: jollywetfellow sx

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I was wrong to suggest a blanket ban; thanks to those who pointed out the error of my ways.    The thing I feared does not seem to have come to pass.   

I have been aware of many of these collections for years (see for example this post from 2015 indexmain.cgi / http://forum.minxmovies.com/showc.cgi?65281), and knew that many contained underage material; I look through them from time to time and watch (non-underage) videos from them.    I have often thought, "I hope nobody posts any of these to the Forum, because they will immediately get flagged as underage and might then get withdrawn from public view and I'll lose the use of them".    So when I came home in the evening (tired-out after a long day at the beach, and with my throat, nose, eyes and head throbbing from the high pollen count), and saw that some had indeed been posted, and furthermore already flagged as underage, I guess I panicked, and tried to act quickly to prevent the same thing happening to other collections.   I didn't want to mention my real main reason, because I was afraid that might make it come to pass, so put down some other half-formed ideas instead.    But my main reason was wholly selfish and pragmatic.    Sorry.

There are other reasons there, which were nagging at the back of my mind when I did the original post.    I parodied my own thinking on one of them in the second para of my reply to "good old Malvineous" on post 77571: essentially, the creators of these collections clearly know about this Forum (youtubes posted here often appear in the collections almost immediately) so they could post their collections to the Forum if they choose; they have chosen not to do so therefore we should respect their choice.    (Whereas those who post candid youtube videos of themselves don't know about the Forum so we have to exercise the choice for them!).      I still can't decide if this is right or wrong, morally-speaking!

And the strongest reason is the wholly practical one; every link you post here has to comply with Forum rules, which means you have to have watched every single video to check it for compliance, in particular with the age restrictions.    With very large collections the only person likely to have done that, and thus the only person likely to be in a position to post it, is the creator.    If this was carried out conscientiously my selfish main reason would cease to apply, so what I would now say is (as Ben already summarised above): "Don't post other people's collections unless you have checked every single video in it for compliance with Forum rules".

Incidentally there seems to be a feeling that I made too much fuss, by putting my objection all over the place.    What I actually did was mention my concern briefly on each of the two posts to which it applied, so that people would know what I was talking about.    However, both of these posts had already been flagged as 'underage' so were likely to be deleted by moderators at any minute, and my own comments deleted with them (something which has happened to me several times before).   So I put a slightly longer summary of my concerns in this, separate post as a 'keeper'.    Had things proceeded as I expected, by Saturday this would have been the only post mentioning my suggested ban.   (Incidentally I originally put a question mark at the end of the title of my initial post here; but then edited the words slightly and forgot to put the question mark back in; had I been less careless the tone of the post would have been substantially different!)     This topic does also now appear in posts 77571 and 77581, but in both cases it was put there by other people, not me (my initial reply to 77571 doesn't mention the 'ban' or anything like it, but Malvineous then brought the topic up in his reply, ironically whilst complaining about ME putting it all over the place!)  

In reply to Message (77570.7) Depressed Why, what happened to you? This is so weird...

By MikeyABQ - eu Tue 02/07/19 00:41:22 GMT

What happened to this forum and you personally as a well known member baffles me. Did we all grow up and become sad dudes who want to implement our own rules, or at least most of us? Judging by posts, the constant whining is ruining the forum, but your type of whining is one step ahead. You want to ban posting of legal material? A blanket ban? WTF? Why? There are bans of certain content. And those are enforced. And a Youtube collection made PUBLIC is well, PUBLIC. If you decide to make one, anyone can link to it and view it. And YouTube tells you this. And tells you how to make private lists. So there is no reason to ban a collection if a public Youtube vid is OK. So I’m baffled by your stand. Is Scotland the new “Soviet Russia” of memes or is it just you, some uber mod wannabe who wants to ban stuff just because?
In reply to Message (77570) Read This Ban posting of other people's collections

By jollywetfellow - sx Fri 28/06/19 23:32:44 GMT

It seems to me to be wrong in principle to post the youtube (or Flickr, or anything else) collections of other people.    These are the personal property of the people concerned; they have their own reasons for the vids they have chosen which are not necessarily the same reasons as those which might make the vids of interest to people on this Forum.   If collection owners want them publicised they can post them themselves.   

(And before anyone makes fatuous allegations, no, neither of the collections which have recently been posted is mine, but both have been around for a long time and I am confident that they would have been posted here long ago had their owners wanted that to happen.)

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.020 seconds to generate ]