Wetlook-Online

Message # 85326.2.1.1.2

Subject: None Re:Los Angeles

Date: Thu 24/06/21 15:56:24 GMT

Name: wetjeans us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
The last time I was there I actually spoke with the manager and he explained the promotion was something of a lost leader.  The clientele that jumped were often younger patrons much more likely to have a larger bar bill and more limited food bill.  He explained that they had limited the the promotion to breakfast/lunch/brunch and dropped the cell phone thing after they became water proof.  It drew more people in because of the free publicity than it cost.  What killed them was Covid.  They did a lot of business because of CBS next door.  When productions were shut and live audiences abandoned they lost a ton of hotel business as well as restaurant business.  If you were at Tart on a week day a couple years ago it wasn't uncommon to see tables filled with CBS people or people headed to or from a taping of say the Price is Right.  So I don't think the promotion had much to do with.  
In reply to Message (85326.2.1.1) Exclamation Re:Los Angeles

By wamtec - wamtec@comcast.net us Thu 24/06/21 02:26:13 GMT

Perhaps it was not the smartest idea of a marketing campaign, i.e. offering people 50% to 100% off their bill if they jumped in the pool, so  that basically meant they lost money from every wetlook fan who patronized their hotel and restaurant, and the only time they could meet payroll was from the non-wetlook patrons.

Surely the management at Tart should know that Los Angeles has the largest population of homeless people in the USA, currently topping 66,000 peope, and to encourage people to get a free meal and a free bath at the same time would seem to be a little foolish.

Sometimes the best of intentions can backfire on you....i.e. in Florida there is a chain of restaurants called R J Gators and in the 1990s they started a foolish campaign of "Buy a cream pie and then you can smash it in the face of your waitress or anyone you choose to pie".   The pie fans thought this was great and they went there to throw pies etc, but then the restaurant chain had a flurry of lawsuits against them when some of the pie victims of unwanted pie assaults sued the restaurant for encouraging such activity.   Soon afterwards some restaurants went out of business due to lawsuits, and those that still exist today no longer promote silly campaigns like this.

Anyway, I hope wetlook fans enjoyed Tart while it lasted, because they did not help support the restaurant, they only contributed to it's demise.

In reply to Message (85326.2.1) Info Los Angeles

By plonss - nl Wed 23/06/21 21:38:18 GMT

https://www.lifehacksla.com/la-restaurant-hacks/ If i remember well discount on your bill if you jumped in fully clothed in the pool
In reply to Message (85326.2) None What and where was it?

By Dave - us Wed 23/06/21 20:32:45 GMT

What did they do there? Sounds intriguing.

In reply to Message (85326) Sad Tart Closed

By wetjeans - us Wed 23/06/21 16:05:13 GMT

Sad news.... the wetlook mecca Tart has announced it has permanently closed along with its associated hotel The Farmer's Daughter.  I had been there many times and enjoyed it very much.  I don't think there is anyplace like it anywhere else on the planet anymore.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.007 seconds to generate ]