Wetlook-Online

Message # 96119.2

Subject: Info Re:Blocky videos - some producers

Date: Tue 11/07/23 08:45:56 GMT

Name: Flav from EuroWAM eu

Email: webmaster@eurowam.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Hi, and thank you for the feedback. The quality you see depends, of course, on the original video uploaded, but also depends on the streaming server's decoder (which in the case of the scenes with a lot of movement, is not very good) and also and not lastly on your internet connection.

Basically, the video you see on WAM tv is compressed twice. Once in 4K, and you can buy that on EuroWAM, and the second time when uploaded on wam.tv. In sequences where almost all the pixels are moving (like this one where the model is playing in the pool and literally all the pixels are in movement we could encode the file in a higher bitrate but that will make the file huge. So we know about this and it is sad that you generalize and present actually the worst-case scenario as a complaint.

Thank you for your attention to the details. IF you want a better version you can buy the 4K version from EuroWAM (please bear in mind that even the 4K will lose quality in sequences like this). Sadly the wam.tv is only capable (yet) to stream in 1080p.

In reply to Message (96119) Exclamation Blocky videos - some producers

By gww - eu Sun 09/07/23 22:33:02 GMT

I realise that this is probably my pet peve, but I was prompted to finally write this after seeing this problem on a few websites, namely the blockiness of videos. Maybe it is just me and others do not care about this. To illustrate, here is a screenshot from one of the videos on WAM.TV:

Not wanting to go into deep technical details, in my humble opinion, this is a result of quick sloppy and inefficient encoding jobs by the producers, which in complex water/pool scenes with a lot of motion of models and water surface produce blocky videos, shower videos are usually OK, as they are less complex scenes with less motion.

Alongside WAM.TV, you can spot this on Waminstyle also, which  - to add insult to injury - uses a 20 years old, obsolete and inefficient codec (Divix). I wrote him an email pointing this out, but I have never received a reply. Also Elena Sochi suffered with the same malaise, again, no reply.

This way, the producers just sabotage their own work by publishing videos of subpar quality. For me Werfoto is the gold standard with sharp and buttery smooth 4k videos, which others should aspire to emulate.

Technical corner - for those who want to go into deeper details:

In my opinion, those producers use constant bitrates or variable bitrates with not enough overhead for high motion scenes. This probably saves them time needed for encoding the videos, but at the cost of encoding efficiency and blockiness. Furthermore, Wamnistyle used the outdated Divix, which is not as good with motion as the newer standards.

In my experience, quality based encoding would provide better results, as it would give the high motion scenes higher bitrates, but would save bitrate on less complex scenes of videos, which could result in videos without blockiness, which could maybe result in some circumstances in smaller files then the current ones, but with higher perceived quality. Though it probably takes longer to encode.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.015 seconds to generate ]